Please note: Bill Tandy and Company work in partnership with both Countrywide Residential Lettings and Edwards Moore Residential Lettings (part of the Paul Carr Residential Lettings Company). Individual properties marketed for let by Bill Tandy and Company will be partnered with one or other of these firms who, where required, will also be responsible for the management of the tenancy.
The Tenant Fees Act 2019
From 1st June 2019 Fees which have been traditionally been payable by Applicants/Tenants are banned. There are still some payments required in connection with a Tenancy and these are;
- Refundable tenancy deposit
- Refundable holding deposit (subject to terms)*
- Payments to change the tenancy when requested by a Tenant
- Payments associated with the early termination of the tenant when requested by a Tenant
- Utility payments, eg; gas/electric, council tax, water, communication services, TV Licence
- Late payment of rent
- Replacement of lost keys/security devices
*A Holding Deposit may be required to be payable in order to “reserve” the property you have chosen to rent, this is capped at no more than equal to 1 weeks rent and is subject to criteria and terms.
Further guidance can be found at the following link: